20 May Fun for all the family with Home-Start Corby at Rockingham
We want to make sure that everyone enjoys their time at the Fairfax & Favor Rockingham International Horse Trials, so we are delighted to be partnering once again with the wonderful charity, Home-Start Corby, to make sure that our young visitors have a day to remember.
The team from Home-Start Corby will be offering a whole range of fabulous activities for all children to get involved with, including:
For the creative
- Pot a plant and decorate the plant pot
- Paint a stone with your own design
- Playdough table with horsey themed pastry cutters
For the energetic
- A hobby horse mini gymkhana, complete with a wide range of obstacles to negotiate and a choice of hobby horses that have been named by the children of Home-Start Corby
- Horsey photo booth with a hay bale set and lots of fabulous props for parents to come and create memories on their phones and cameras
- Guess the name of the cuddly toy pony – the children of Home-Start Corby have chosen a name for a gorgeous furry pony friend and the person that guesses the right name will get to take the pony home
Medals will be handed out to everyone who completes an activity. All the activities are free but donations to the charity are welcome.
An opportunity to relax!
As well as the many Horse Trials themed activities, there will also be plenty of space so parents can sit at the marquee out of the sun or (hopefully not) the rain and take some time to relax and enjoy watching their children having fun There will also be a nice, quiet mum and baby area, catering to the needs of our youngest visitors.
“It is an absolute pleasure to be back at the Horse Trials, especially after we have all missed the last couple of years,” said Manager, Maggie Mackay. “We love coming to Rockingham as it provides us with a wonderful opportunity to spend time with the local community and raise the profile our work. We can’t wait to meet lots of families and just have fun!”
More about Home-Start Corby
Home-Start Corby recognise that parents find the early years of parenting a challenge at times. We regularly recruit and train volunteers to support our families with young children across Corby and the surrounding villages with a wide variety of support needs. It could be practical help with multiple young children, support around a child with a disability or simply an extra pair of hands at teatime! It might be emotional support for parents struggling with mental health problems, children with behavioural issues, family breakdown or separation issues.
Visit the Home-Start Corby website to find out more.